Its afternoon time and I am hungry !!! So lets prepare BREAD PAKORAS
Bread Pakoras are a great appetizer or a tea time snack.
- White Bread
- 1 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 cup Corn Flour
- Cumin Powder
- Garam Masala Powder (easily available in any Indian store)
- Chaat Masala / Mango Powder (to give a flavour)
- Water to mix the ingredients
- Oil to fry
- You can also add spinach or cilantro and green chillies to the batter. But I like it this way.
NOTE : amount of ingredients can vary according to the number of bread pakoras or size of bread.
- Take a bowl and add all the dry ingredients.
- Mix well without adding water.
- Then start adding water and mixing it to form a smooth Batter / Semi Liquid mixture.
- Keep it aside for 2-3mins.
- In the mean time remove all the four brown sides from the bread.
- Slice the bread according to your choice. Length wise or Diagonally.
- Now heat oil.
- You can check if oil is hot or not by putting a drop of the batter in it. If the batter comes up, then oil is hot.
- Dip the bread slices in the batter one at a time and slowly drop into the frying pan.
- The pakoras will take about 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
- Turn them occasionally. Fry the Pakoras until both sides are golden-brown.
- Crispy, yummy Bread Pakoras are ready to serve.
- Serve it with sauce or chutney.
The next time when you have a get together, do serve these yummy snacks to your guests and get praised !!!