Tuesday 4 June 2013

Product of the Month : May - Maybelline Color Sensational Jewels Lipstick in BERRY BRILLIANT

hey beauties,
I was really excited to welcome May. Coz its my bday month :) Yay !!! I mean who doesnt love his/her bday ???But this month turned out to be a crazy month for me.
I am now in India. Happy that I am with my parents and my sis, but sad that I am away from my darling hubby :( I was so busy this month, phewww thank god its over !!!
Well before moving on, its time for the Product of the Month for May.
Its a lipstick this month. A lipstick I have been using like crazy this month. Its Maybelline Color Sensational Jewels Lipstick in BERRY BRILLIANT

I have been using this all through May. May was quite hot and humid here in India and I had to do loads of  outdoor trips. In this hot weather, I wanted a non fussy makeup which is minimal yet pretty. While outside I usually dont wear any eye makeup, just liner and mascara. And a bright lipstick added some color to my face. So I reached for this lovely Berry shade most of the time. Almost all the time. As the name suggests, Maybelline Color Sensational Jewels Lipstick is inspired from Jewels. It gives a nice illuminating effect on lips after application.
 Maybelline Color Sensational's creamy texture and pigmentation + Jewel's lovely glossy sheen = Super Sexy Lips with a Bling

PACKAGING, PRICE and AVAILABILITY

  • Pretty Pink packaging with a rainbow like effect. Cute <3
  • Packaging is quite bulky like any other Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks. But I dont mind at all.
  • Its available in almost all drugstores and maybelline counters and retails for rm 29.90
SWATCH TIME




MY VERDICT
  • Very Pigmented
  • Might look scary in the packaging, but sheers out a bit on application. However the intensity can be added up or toned down by coating the product.
  • Moisturising
  • Creamy Texture
  • Smooth application
  • Pleasant smell
  • Lasted for 5-6hours and then left a subtle tint.
  • Glossy finish
  • Easily available
  • Affordable
Its a must have for me. Me gonna buy other shades too. So comment below and let me know your fav shades from this line.



9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday (Month) to you! :D
    The berry shade looks gorgeous on your lips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love 'warm me up', its a nude shade,
    berry brilliant looks beautiful on u :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya Wie, Warm Me Up is an awesome shade as well...

      Delete
  3. A Very Happy B'day to you! I love this shade....& Lovely LOTD... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Arpita,

    Can you drop me an email at winnie.yeoh@vanitytrove.com?

    Would love to work with you :)

    Cheers,
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog !!!
Your Suggestions, Views and Queries are always welcome <3